Monday, March 11, 2013

My natural deodorant: Al-, Zr- free

As a chemist I do not like the active ingredient in commercial antiperspirants:  aluminum chlorohydrate (in roll-ons and aerosols) and aluminum zirconium tetrachlorohydrex  (in solids). These compounds temporarily prevent perspiration just because they block the pores. Hmm... so the sweat stays inside of the skin. Maybe very effective but absolutely not natural.
That is why I prefer to create a product - the antiperspirant which disinfects the sweat, keeps the skin fresh and allows to breath. My product is not alcohol free, I use vodka with the idea: if you  practically can drink it – cannot be wrong for your skin.
So we let the skin to sweat naturally :) and help to keep it fresh.
For the deodorant  I use only these natural ingredients:
- 40% vodka 40 ml,
- dist. water 40 ml,
- glycerin 20 ml,
- 65 drops of naturally antibacterial es. oils: grapefruit, lemon, orange (respective: lavender,  tea tree, geranium).

No comments: